If you’re taking your bike to training camp, or to a long riding event, remember to do the following:
- Get your bike serviced!! For safety, for performance, and a more enjoyable ride overall.
- If you will be in the mountains, get your cassette changed to one with larger sprockets. You may need a new chain to avoid meshing problems that can happen between old chains and new cassettes.
- Get new tyres – in this clip, Stew demonstrates how to change a tyre.
- Get new brake pads – worn out pads are dangerous and they will damage your rims. Click here to watch Stew demonstrate how to change the brake pads yourself.
- Re-charge your DI2 or EPS batteries.
- Make sure the batteries in your power meter, cadence sensor and computer are new.
- Avoid carbon rims on your wheels if you brake a lot on descents – otherwise they will cook.
- Check your cleats are in good condition – click here to see Stew demonstrate how to change your cleat.