Cervelo R5-CX Frameset
Like the R3 Cross, the Cervelo R5-CX draws much of its performance and design from the R5, but with some key differences. The handling and fit are unique to this model, and based on Wout and Marianne’s input. Down low, the bottom bracket’s about 11mm higher than the R5 to speed up handling and assist in clearing obstacles. Oh, and that bottom bracket is threaded into the frame.
BBRight’s shape and size help Cervelo build lighter and stiffer bike frames in general, but for a bike that’s going to be powerwashed and have the bottom bracket removed at least a few times a week, a threaded interface is just more durable. Cervelo kept the asymmetric cups of BRight, but threaded them into a T47-sized hole. While this is a unique implementation, it uses standard a standard inboard and outboard T47 cup, so replacement parts should be no problem.
The D-shaped seat post (with double clamps, stock), not only adds compliance, but was a specific request from Wout and Marianne to keep the saddle facing forward in the event of a crash. All cables route internally, and the frame is only compatible with electronic drivetrains to limit grit and water ingress. There’s gobs of clearance for gobs of mud, and it’ll be available in four sizes—51, 54, 56, and 58cm.
- Model Cervelo R5-CX Frameset
- Colors Frost, Moon Drop Camo
- Sizes (contact us for availability) 51, 54, 56, 58
- Fork Cervélo All-Carbon, Tapered R5CX Fork
- Headset FSA IS2 1-1/4 x 1-1/2
- Thru Axles Cervélo Aero Thru-Axles, 12×100/142Aero Thru-Axles, 12×100/142
- Handlebar Cervélo HB13 Carbon, 31.8mm clamp
- Stem Cervélo ST31 Carbon
- Seatpost Cervélo SP24 Carbon
- Accessories Cervélo Handlebar Front Computer/Light Mount, Cervélo Rear Accessory Mount
Specifications may be subject to changes.